Wednesday 11 May 2011

GIG #130 - Accordion Music Wakes Stained Glass Artist from Slumber


GIG #130 at Wood and Swink Store and Post Office, Evinston, FL. Select repertoire:
Wham Bam - Ward-Bergeman/Seznec
Jeanette - Viseur
Chamame Etude I - Ward-Bergeman

http://www.woodandswink.org/

I found the incredibly unique Wood and Swink Store and Post Office thanks to my first friend in Gainesville, Linda Pottberg. She brought her washboard down towards the end of my set and we jammed out a few tunes on the porch. After a tune or two, painter and stained glass artist Beverly Fitzgerald, who I met the day before at Shady Oak in Micanopy, walked over from her house next door. It was a pleasant surprise to find that she lived there, and had the day off. When we finished, she invited us over to her home to have a look at her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment