Wednesday 4 May 2011

GIG #124 - A Prayer for an End to Violence


GIG #124 @ St. Ethelburga's Centre for Reconciliation and Peace, London, UK. Select repertoire:
One More Step - Carter
Los Suenos - Piazzolla
Prelude II Book I, WTC - Bach

http://stethelburgas.org/

St. Ethelburga's "A Prayer for an End to Violence"

God of life,
Every act of violence in our world,
between myself and another,
destroys a part of your creation.

Stir in my heart
a renewed sense of reverence
for all life.

Give me the vision to recognise your spirit
in every human being,
however they behave towards me.

Make possible the impossible
by cultivating in me
the fertile seed of healing love.

Help me play my part in breaking
the cycle of violence     

by realising that 
peace begins in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment